Welcome and Announcements
Like A River Glorious
Children’s Talk: Jonathan
Our God Is A Great Big God
(Boys and Girls Leave for ChurchZone, Bubbles etc)
Bible Reading: Galatians 4 v 21 – 31
Prayer of Intercession
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
We welcome everyone to our service today. Our preacher is Jonathan Reid
Today:.6.00 pm Presbytery Commission and Elders Elect meet in Minor Hall
6.30 pm Service of Ordination and Installation for our new elders conducted by a Commission of Ballymena Presbytery
Monday: 7.00 pm Campaigners (Eagles & Junos)
Tuesday: 8.00 pm Discipleship Class in the Tullynamullan Room. Please complete Study One in your book.
Wednesday: 10.00 Kells Tots
8.00 pm Joint Midweek in Church Hall
Thursday: 10.00 am Ladies Bible Study.
7.00 pm Christian Endeavour
8.00 pm Discipleship Class in the Tullynamullan Room. Please complete Study One in your book.
Sunday: 10.45 am SundayZone and Bible Class
12 noon Morning Service: Mr Philip Robinson
11.55 am Live Streamed service
6.30 pm Zoom Prayer Meeting
Meeting ID: 822 681 1808
On Sunday 6th March Rev Boyd will be attending the baptism of his grandson in Ballygawley. Our services will be conducted by Mr Philip Robinson
Sunday 13th March is Presbytery Exchange Sunday. Rev Alastair McCracken of Cloughwater will be with us and Rev Boyd will be in Cloughwater.
Ballymena Presbytery’s Mission in Ireland Evening will be held on Wednesday 16th March at 8pm in First Ahoghill. Rhona and Karen from Westport, Mayo will give a video update on their work and Rev David Clarke minister of Sligo will be the main speaker.
Discipleship Classes will commence on Tuesday 1st March and Thursday 3rd March at 8 pm in the Tullynamullan Hall.
The General Council of PCI have approved a number of Covid 19 relaxations and these have been processed by Kirk Session.
Please note that these come into force from 1st March and until then our existing rules apply.
- We no longer have to keep a record of attendance so names will no longer be recorded.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be provided and we ask you to apply this yourself. Hand shaking is still not permitted.
- Windows and doors must still be kept open to provide ventilation for all meetings.
- Face coverings are to be worn when entering and leaving our buildings, when moving around and when singing. They may be removed when seated at services and other meetings. However if you prefer to keep wearing a mask throughout a service or a meeting please feel totally free to do so. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible in our buildings.
- Those leading services and meetings must be 2 meters from the front row. (This has been reduced from 4m)
- 1 metre social distancing is recommended at services and all other meetings including, bible studies, prayer meetings, group meetings and business meetings.
- Pastoral Visiting by minister, elders etc may now move towards a normal pattern.
- The numbers attending Funerals and Weddings has been raised by Session to 100.
We are delighted that more relaxation has been allowed. We are conscious that the church relaxations do not go as far as those in the State where almost all regulations have been removed however ours have been agreed with the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Adviser and err on the side of caution to recognise that many in our churches are still concerned and would not be happy to sit in a large crowd without masks or social distancing.
We are hopeful that in the course of the weeks ahead the remaining restrictions will be further relaxed.
We are planning to hold more conventional Evening services on the 3rd Sunday of March, April and May. These will be in addition to our praise and thanksgiving times held on the 1st Sunday of each month.
The Annual Ladies Breakfast will be held on Saturday 26th March at 9.30 am in the Church hall. The speaker will be Marion Reid and the theme “Alone But Not Alone”. Spaces are strictly limited to 50 ladies and will be allocated on a first come first served basis with priority given to our own ladies. Price is £9 and names with money should be with Joye Carson asap.
A Ministry Taster Day will be held in Union Theological College on Saturday 26th March from 10.30 to 1 pm. If you are feeling that God might be calling you into ministry you are invited to attend. Please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.