Sunday 22nd: 6.30pm Zoom Prayer Meeting. Meeting ID: 822 681 1808
Monday: 7.00 pm Campaigners via Zoom
Wednesday: 8.00 pm Midweek Meeting in Kells Church Hall.
Thursday: 11.00 am Ladies Bible Study via Zoom
7.00 pm CE via Zoom
Sunday 29th: Services suspended due to Executive Restrictions
12 noon Online Service on Facebook, YouTube or Kellschurch.com
- Due to the latest NI Executive Covid 19 regulations we will not be having services on 29th November or 6th December. Nor will there be any Midweeks on 2nd or 9th December. It is hoped that restrictions will be lifted to allow worship to restart on Sunday 13th December.
- The following are the instructions issued by the Executive:
Executive has agreed that the below measures will apply with effect from 00.01 am, 27 November, for a period of two weeks
- Closure of all retail except essential retail that was permitted to stay open in March
- Off licences will remain open, with an 8pm closing
- Closure of close contact services, and driving instruction (not motorcycles), except close contact for Film and TV production; those ancillary to medical, health and social care services; and elite-sports therapeutic services – i.e. – as 13 October- 19 November
- Closure of all hospitality (except for accommodation for essential travel). Takeaway and delivery, and food and drink in motorway services, airports and harbour terminals remain open.
- Closure of all leisure and entertainment (to include all soft play areas, gyms, swimming pools etc)
- Sporting events only permitted for elite sports. Individual/household outdoor exercise and school PE to continue.
- Elite sports events behind closed doors without spectators
- No household gatherings of more than one household, other than current arrangements for linked households (bubbles), with current exceptions for caring, maintenance, house moves, etc.
- Closure of places of worship, except for weddings, civil partnerships and funerals. Remain with 25 max for weddings and funerals
- Stay at home, work from home if at all possible, otherwise only leave for essential purposes such as education, healthcare needs, to care for others or outdoor exercise.
- Schools and childcare to remain open
- Universities / FE to provide learning at distance except where it is essential to provide it face to face.
- Public parks and outdoor play areas remain open
- Stay at home in guidance, with liaison with PSNI on policing and police visibility
In addition, they have issued churches with the following instructions in consultation with PCI and other denominations:
- All in-person meetings, including Bible studies, Prayer meetings, Youth meetings etc., should not take place on Church premises or in private homes, but may of course be conducted online.
- Kirk Session or other church business meetings, including Presbytery meetings, should be held online only, or postponed until after the current period of restrictions is completed.
- Restrictions for weddings and funerals are unchanged – i.e. these services may take place in church buildings but with an upper limit of 25 people in attendance, including those leading.
- Restrictions on visitation will continue however vital pastoral visiting in private homes can take place where this is essential, such as in the event of a death to arrange a funeral, but not “routine” visitation.
- Special appeals including collections of toys, shoeboxes or for foodbanks for distribution for charitable purposes can continue mindful of the need for careful sanitisation.
- Due to extended restrictions the Kirk Session Meeting on Thursday 3rd December is postponed until Tuesday 15th December at 7 pm.
During the upcoming Lockdown period the following online events will continue.
Sunday: 12 noon Online Worship
6.30 pm Zoom Prayer Meeting
Wednesday : 7 pm Zoom Online PrayerMeeting
8 pm Live Online Midweek on FaceBook
Friday: Live@7 on Facebook
In addition CE, Campaigners and Ladies Bible Study will continue to meet via Zoom.